Developers and Users who use apps developed using selenium has started getting error “There is no such driver by url:https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/LATEST_RELEASE”. While every support forum and all are getting crowded with this question, Let me answer you why your getting “
There is no [win32] chromedriver “latest” for browser google-chrome “117.0.5938” in cache
[INFO] Get LATEST chromedriver version for google-chromeError: There is no such driver by url https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/LATEST_RELEASE_117.0.5938″
Please note that above version 117 might differ but you will be getting this error!
Why are you getting there is no such driver by url
The error message “There is no such driver by url” occurs when the Selenium WebDriver is unable to find the specified driver from the URL provided. In your case, it seems that the error is related to the ChromeDriver version for the specific browser version you are trying to use.
The error message also mentions that there is no [win32] ChromeDriver “latest” version available in the cache for the Google Chrome browser version 117.0.5938. This could happen if the ChromeDriver version you are trying to download is not compatible with the specified browser version.
Basically as of now the latest chrome driver version on https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com is version 114. But if your chrome version is greater than 114, You will be getting this error.
How to check your chrome version?
To check your Google Chrome version, you can follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click on the three vertical dots located in the upper-right corner of the browser window. This will open a menu.
- From the menu, hover your mouse over “Help” and then click on “About Google Chrome.”
- A new tab will open, and Google Chrome will automatically check for updates and display the version number.
You will see the version number displayed under the “Google Chrome” heading. It will be a series of numbers separated by periods (e.g., 91.0.4472.124). This is your current Chrome version.
Knowing your Chrome version is essential when troubleshooting compatibility issues with other software, such as Selenium WebDriver or ChromeDriver. Basically the number you see here must be less than the number you see when you click here.
How to solve there is no such driver by url
Basically to this no such driver by url issue, you need to uninstall and install a version thats lower than the number you see here.
To uninstall and install a specific version of Google Chrome, you can follow these steps:
- Uninstalling Google Chrome:
- On Windows:
- Click the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Select “Uninstall a program” or “Programs and Features”.
- Find Google Chrome in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on Google Chrome and select “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
- On macOS:
- Open Finder and go to the “Applications” folder.
- Find Google Chrome in the list of applications.
- Drag the Google Chrome icon to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”.
- Right-click on the Trash and select “Empty Trash” to completely remove Google Chrome.
- On Windows:
- Install the Chrome version:
- Go to the Chrome release archive: https://google-chrome.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions
- Scroll down to find the version you want to install.
- Click on the download link for your operating system.
- Once the download is complete, run the installer file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
By following these steps, you should be able to uninstall your current version of Google Chrome and install the specific version you desire.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR ALL OF THE ZAARMTECH SOFTWARE’S AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD CHROME DRIVER AS LONG AS YOU HAVE CHROME INSTALLED. PLEASE FOLLOW ABOVE GUIDE IF YOUR HAVING There is no such driver by url ERROR.